Tuesday, November 07, 2006

Getting Learning materials out of Blackboard

Yesterday I got the go ahead to research the possibility of recovering learning materials out of Blackboard. I will be discussing the possibilities with the library who wants the learning materials for their repository in DSpace. I was very interested to read a posting from Wilem van Valkenburg on Lorenet. They seem to be working in the same direction, I had already heard that at the KU Leuven they had been experimenting on this same initiative. I am intrigued how much information can be extracted simply from the data in Blackboard. Teachers can already add metadata although they never do. On the other hand, that is hardly surprising, the data doesn't show up anywhere yet.... Sadly I do not have the image available yet, I hope to add it soon...

No comments: